Associate Principal Scientist, Biostatistics Job
Date: Aug 9, 2014
Location: Kenilworth, NJ, US
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Responsibilities of the Associate Principal Scientist, Biostatistics include:
- Apply statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, analyze, interpret and present data from Phase I to V clinical trials, conduct survival analysis, sequential analysis, longitudinal analysis, correlated data analysis and non-parametric analysis.
- Participate in protocol development to ensure appropriateness of study design, randomization scheme, sample size determination, and data analysis methods.
- Write statistical sections for protocols and develop detailed statistical plans for analyses that span more than one study.
- Interact with clinical, data management and programing team on developing data collectors, monitoring study conduct and finalize database.
- Provide analyses in support of dose-escalation and dose selection in clinical trials.
- Perform statistical analyses; prepare relevant tables, listings and figures.
- Write clinical study reports and statistical related documents in support of Biometrics Research/Non-Clinical (early stage) drug development and worldwide regulatory submissions.
- Requires a solid knowledge of statistical methodology, experimental design, and some knowledge in computing software and data management. The knowledge must be sufficient to ensure that sound scientific principles and statistical methods are applied to designing and analyzing clinical trials or non-clinical experiments in support of discovery and worldwide regulatory submissions.
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with Medical, Data Coordination, MRL scientists, and Regulatory staffs in designing and analyzing clinical trials or non-clinical experiments and providing the statistical support for clinical or non-clinical drug projects.
- Apply appropriate statistical methodology (linear and nonlinear models, regression), experimental design, using SAS (in particular PROC MIXED) and computing and data processing systems to perform the above.
* Applicant must have a Ph.D. in Mathematical Statistics or Biostatistics.
* Must possess strong knowledge in regression analysis, experimental design, categorical data analysis, generalized linear models, mixed effect models, nonlinear regression models, and multivariate analysis of variance.
* Must be proficient in statistical software (SAS, S-PLUS, R), office software (Latex, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and operating system (Windows, Linux).
* Must be able to work 40 hours per week. 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
* Must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
* Publications in peer reviewed statistical/medical journals are desirable.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives - Please read carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job Title:Associate Principal Scientist
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segments: Medical, Scientist, Research, Data Management, Data Analyst, Healthcare, Science, Data